Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Live like it's your last day

Today my dear father in law Trevor John Searle, of Townsville, Australia passed away from a long bout of lung cancer. Terribly saddened by his loss,I prayed that if God wanted my husband to go to Australia to be with the family for the funeral that he would provide a way. Within an hour, my husband was at a friends, receiving a loan.I was amazed, granted my husband still needs to work out arrangements with his mother, I believe it will help his mother and himself for him to be there. Trevor you will be missed dearly by all of us who loved you so much.
In 2006 we had a funeral for a very dear friend of mine who died of Diabetes. She had really encouraged me a lot when I felt I didn’t have anyone to talk to, I could call her. It has been very hard for me. I have showed little emotion, but some minor tears. My heart is very sad. The thing that changes my sorrow is that she is with Jesus now. I will surely miss her more then she could ever imagine. But she is with Jesus now, and for this I am overjoyed.
Today my attitude is different. I think I have learned a lot from the loss of a friend. Today I need to truly live for Jesus .I need to live everyday as if it may be my last. We never know when it is our time to go.
Let the past rest, the things you made bad choices in, things you have regretted. Repent. Move on. Look ahead to what the Lord has in store for you. Be an encouragement to those who may not know the Lord like you do, or may not even know the Lord. Love everyone because you may be presented with an angel.
I want to live everyday for Jesus. Why is this so? This world is full of sorrow and pain and suffering and grief. The only way to get through it is to live for Jesus. Loving Him, seeking Him, praising Him for who He is. He created us to worship Him. In Him is fullness of joy and everything we need. When the end comes, I want the Lord to say " Well done, good and faithful servant."
I still have a hard time understanding why some who have met Jesus, choose to not get closer, or truly want to seek Him daily and know Him more. Everything we ever need is in Jesus. He can give us the things that people and this world cannot give us. We can search everywhere to find our happiness but we will not. Jesus is the only way to true Joy. I do believe this.
So in death there can be joy. The loss of a loved one can never be easy. We will miss them, and miss the person they were in our lives. Since death can be a blink away, make the best of every day, every minute, every breath that you have. Live like the Lord could take you anytime. When He calls you, its time. Live with no regrets. Love everyone.
For today:
Lord let me live every minute for you. Let me love everyone. Let me seek you always, in every thing I do and face. Let me live like it may be my last breath. And when its time to go, Lord please take me to be with you. Thank you for the time I have been given to know you, and show your love to others.
Amen.

No comments: